Sunday 13 May 2012

Training Walk 13.05.12

Got burned a bit on my arms today as I did the 16 mile walk I was going to do last week.  It's basically the same Leicestershire 3 peaks walk I did in April, but with a couple of alterations.  Took it slow and steady and managed to finish in about 7 and a half hours.  The weather was great and I had fun today even though it was a long one.

I feel like training is going well, and even though I get achy legs and sore feet I am feeling a bit more confident about this long walk I've got planned.

The deer were on the move in Bradgate Park this morning
The War Memorial in Bradgate Park - Summit 1
I shared Summit 2 (Beacon Hill) with some horny beasts!
LOADS of bluebells out today
Beacon Hill trig point - Summit 2
Two cooling towers in the distance at Radcliffe on Trent Power Station?  Today's factoid is: There's actually eight, but when it was built they were all aligned so only two would be visible from Beacon Hill
The only view I could get from the top of Bardon Hill - Summit 3
More cows giving me evils again!

At last, Bradgate Park comes into view and I'm on the home straight

Tunes on the MP3 player today included  'New York Girls' by Bellowhead and 'Think for a Minute' by The Housemartins.

The tune played on the Ukulele when I got home was 'Raining in my Heart' (I was cheerful really).

Check out the route here

Training Walk 13.05.12

LATEST NEWS
Have also arranged to go to Derbyshire for a weekend 'dry run' with dad at the end of June (29.06 - 01.07) - keep checking back to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment